10.15.2010

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day

Since today is  Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day, I thought I would take a few moments to share with you what helped me when I went through this.
There is a song called "Glory Baby" by a duo called Watermark that was really soothing for me when I dealt with my 2 pregnancy losses. For anyone who can't download it, here are the lyrics:

Glory baby you slipped away as fast as we could say baby…baby..
You were growing, what happened dear?
You disappeared on us baby…baby..
Heaven will hold you before we do
Heaven will keep you safe until we’re home with you…
Until we’re home with you…

Miss you everyday
Miss you in every way
But we know there’s a
day when we will hold you
We will hold you
You’ll kiss our tears away
When we’re home to stay
Can’t wait for the day when we will see you
We will see you
But baby let sweet Jesus hold you
‘till mom and dad can hold you…
You’ll just have heaven before we do
You’ll just have heaven before we do

Sweet little babies, it’s hard to
understand it ‘cause we’re hurting
We are hurting
But there is healing
And we know we’re stronger people through the growing
And in knowing-
That all things work together for our good
And God works His purposes just like He said He would…
Just like He said He would…

BRIDGE:
I can’t imagine heaven’s lullabies
and what they must sound like
But I will rest in knowing, heaven is your home
And it’s all you’ll ever know…all you’ll ever know…

It's interesting... when I was in the midst of the toughest times in my grief process, I couldn't listen to this song without skipping the part that talks about "all things working together for good..." I couldn't understand how anything about it could be considered good. I now see that the "good" for me was the realization that God can heal my broken heart. And I have a special love and compassion for hurting people that I did not have before. The experience hurt me tremendously, and softened me greatly. I love knowing that my babies are in heaven...

But I will rest in knowing, heaven is your home
And it’s all you’ll ever know…all you’ll ever know…

Imagine the joy in going straight into the arms of Jesus without the trials and hurts that are here on earth! It is that thought that got me through.

Praying blessings for all you women today. Be strong! And if you don't feel like you can be strong... be broken. It's OK. Jesus came to heal the broken. And I know! I was shattered. I'm still cracked.... but I'm ok. And you will be too.



Take a listen... it is the song you are hearing!

No comments: