8.22.2011

Moving up (or should I say down) in the world....

My son has slept in our bed pretty much since day one.  While it's been wonderful, he's getting bigger, squirmier, and a bit more restless in the night.  We decided that it was time for a change.  He's ready to have his own sleep space, but not quite ready to be all the way down the hall all night.  We were putting him to bed in his room and letting him join us in the night, but we noticed that he would come in every hour!  He was sleeping horridly and I was getting exhausted!  One night, when he came in around 12:30, I put a pillow and a blanket on the floor.  He slept there the rest of the night.  It gave me an idea.  This is our new sleeping arrangement for now.

Once he is comfortable spending the entire night in his bed, I'll move it.  It seems to be working really well.  He's sleeping better and longer than ever and I'm still close enough for comfort.  I like having more space to sleep.   I like being able to glance over and see that he is fine.  He likes knowing I'm right there.  I am able to soothe him back to sleep in the night just by saying, "ssshhhh hon... mommy's right here."  His nighttime nursing has dropped off significantly and we're all sleeping better.   Praise the Lord! 
I love watching him grow up... but I wish it would slow down, ya know?
How bout you?  What's your sleeping arrangement?  Are you satisfied with it?  If not, I highly recommend you read this book.




No comments: