5.15.2011

Mother's Day wall hanging

I made this for my other MIL for Mother's Day.  I had several fabric scraps and I wanted to make something with them.  Our budget was super limited this year, so I knew I had to make do with what I had on hand.  the only thing I bought for it was the dowel that went into the top to hang it.

 I clipped the fabric to my cutting board..... kinda silly, but HEY!  it worked.
 I pinned all the scraps that I had cut into shapes onto the front of my fabric.

 Nice close up of all my pins.
 Then I sewed those pieces down.
 Then.... I had to iron.  The wrinkles were terrible!!!
I printed my quote onto a square of fabric and sewed that to the base of my tree trunk.  It looks like this


I then attached a nice dark green to the back and created a slot to slide the dowell through.  After attaching some braided rafia to the top for hanging, I ended up with this:

No comments: