And by Dr, I mean myself. My eldest has a terrible cold. I'm making her some egg drop soup. It will be yummy. You bet. Here is my recipe.
* 3 cups chicken broth
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 tablespoons cold water
* 1 tablespoon cornstarch
* 1 egg (slightly beaten)
* 1 scallion, with tops, finely chopped
1. Bring chicken broth to a boil in soup pot.
2. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt & mix.
3. Combine water and cornstarch; stir into boiling broth.
4. Stir a small amount of hot broth into slightly beaten egg. Add egg mixture into hot broth slowly, stirring all the time. Cook until clear and slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
5. Garnish with scallion.