1.30.2011

Happy Birthday Dad!

Friday was my dad's birthday.  I really wanted to make his gift myself (since I've taken the handmade challenge... more about that here.)  My dad is a pretty simple guy.... not too into extravagant, really big into sentimental value.... so I thought that a framed photo of the grandkids would be lovely.  So I got an unfinished frame and I sanded, painted, decorated, refurbished it into this:

Sorry... I don't have a "before" shot..... just picture a plain wood frame.

It's not very clear.... paint is harder to work with than ink, but I bought myself a stamp that says...."Handmade because you're worth it."

My dad plays the guitar, so I thought a guitar on the frame would suit him well.


Happy 50th birthday Dad!  Love you!!!



I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

No comments: